The osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the result of the sedentary life, bad diet. The first signs of the disease may appear as in 25 years, if you do not start the treatment, it may produce serious complications. In the therapy of the disease apply an integrated approach – the pharmacological treatment, diet therapy, healing of physical education and physiotherapy.
The causes of the degenerative disc disease cervical spine
Collar of osteochondrosis – specific changes in the intervertebral discs, joints, which causes a decrease of the mobility of the neck, the appearance expressed the pain syndrome. The main reason for the development of disease – violation of mineral exchange, so that the bones and joints become less strong.
Why is the osteochondrosis of cervical:
- the overweight, sedentary life;
- the violation of posture, scoliosis;
- the rheumatism;
- flat feet;
- a bad diet.
Lead the development of the deformation of the cervical vertebrae can be injury, spinal cord injuries, excessive exercise, stress. The women of the osteochondrosis often occurs during pregnancy, the menopause – in the context of hormonal changes, decreases the amount of calcium, the bone tissue becomes fragile.
General symptoms and signs of
With the continuous increase of the load on the vertebrae in the neck occurs a spasm of the muscles, compressed the vessels of the cervical region, the process is interrupted of the circulation of the blood, faults occur in the processes of change – changes the structure of the intervertebral discs, which deform, begin to work beyond the spine.
As manifested osteochondrosis cervical:
- radicular syndrome on the background of the oppression of the nerve endings, pain occurs, which extends from the neck to the shoulder blades, forearms, it covers the front wall of the rib cage;
- muscle weakness in the arms, a remarkable swelling of the neck;
- the movement of the head, you hear the characteristic popping;
- weakness, chronic fatigue, blood pressure changes;
- deterioration of coordination, often dizzy, attacks, accompanied by nausea, vomiting;
- the impairment of sight and of hearing, buzzing, ringing in the ears;
- numbness of the extremities, the tongue;
- frequent migraine headaches;
- women aged 45 to 65 years of age during the dream appears a pain, tingling, numbness in the upper extremities, the attacks may recur several times during the night.
The osteochondrosis of cervical breaks the power and the blood irrigation in the brain, occur violations of neurotic character – anxiety, irritability, mood swings, sleep disorders.
Classification of the degenerative disc disease cervical
As the development of osteochondrosis passes through several stages of development, each of which has its characteristics. As seen surprised with the department of the vertebral column in different stages, you can see in the photo.
The degree of development of the disease:
- The osteochondrosis-grade 1 – the initial phase is carried out without special expressed of symptoms, the person bother rare and mild pain when he rotates and tilts the head, the back muscles tire quickly.
- The osteochondrosis grade 2 – the vertebrae become unstable, pinch nerve, discomfort in the neck and acquire a strong character, given in the shoulder, the hand. For more symptoms: fatigue, frequent headaches in the occipital area, the distraction.
- The osteochondrosis 3rd grade – the pain acquires a chronic character, covers the upper part of the back, the arms, is observed expressed muscle weakness of the extremities numb, develops, intervertebral hernia, often, occur episodes of dizziness.
- The osteochondrosis 4th grade–, the complete destruction of the intervertebral disks, are replaced by connective tissue, the process covers several segments of the spinal column. It is observed a deterioration of the coordination, intensify attacks of vertigo, noise appears in the ears.
Acute osteochondrosis – the result of a chronic form of the disease, is characterized by a strong heart attack the sharp pain, that occurs suddenly after waking up.
To what doctor to go to?
When the signs of osteochondrosis cervical should visit a neurologist, and in some hospitals there is more of the spine and a specialist treated in precisely the diseases of the spine.
The methods of diagnosis
Run the form of osteochondrosis are expressed by the box clinical, that allows you to make the initial diagnosis, as in the first inspection. Identify the degree of degenerative changes in the vertebrae-to help methods of instrumental diagnosis.
The main types of surveys to osteochondrosis:
- x – rays- the method is effective only in the early stages of development of the pathology is;
- Rm – on the screen, you see clearly the structure of the bone structure, the size and direction of development of intervertebral hernias, the state of the spinal cord;
- Ct is the least efficient method for magnetic resonance imaging, because it provides no precise information on the presence and size of the hernia;
- duplex analysis allows you to see the rape of the bleeding;
- the set – indicates the presence of a pinch, inflammation, nerve damage;
- rheoencephalogram – is prescribed in case of violation of the vascularization of the brain.
To set and to study the status of certain vertebrae pass discography – in intervertebral disc injected with a contrast medium that allows you to see small changes in tissue, distinguish rubtsovie the changes of the hernia.
Methods of treatment of the degenerative disc disease cervical
In the initial stage of development of cure osteochondrosis is possible without drugs, just parisian with a review of the diet, the mode of the day, with the regularity of the structure of special exercises. When running forms of the disease, the effective treatment for is only possible if the application of different medications that help to stop the degeneration of the vertebrae.
In the complex of therapeutic measures necessarily include physical therapy electrophoresis with drugs, ultrasound, magnetotherapy, lazeroterapiya. These methods help to deal with the pain, inflammation, swelling tissues, improve the processes of exchange and the circulation of the blood.
Lfk is prescribed in the convalescence period, during the exacerbation of the degenerative disc disease exercises contraindicated, gymnastics and simple, making it possible in the home, to participate it is necessary regularly.
Gymnastics Bubnovsky for the treatment and prevention of degenerative disc disease cervical:
- In a standing position of the hand freely lowered along the body. The head inclined forward, the chin to treat until the chest, to fix the position on the count of 3. Lean to is a player of the head, chin up, count to 3. Return to the starting position.
- In a standing position, to turn the head to the right, to the left, at the end of each set the position for a few seconds. Repeat 3 times on each side.
- In a standing position, tilt your head to the right, to the left, the ear to try to reach up to the shoulder, maintain a position of 30 seconds. Perform 6 repetitions on each side.
- Standing, with hands on the waist, the chin parallel to the floor, pointing forward. Turn the head, the chin live in the shoulder, the trunk a little spin, stopping in half a minute. Do 6 repetitions on each side, can cause a mild pain in the spine.
- In the seated position, back straight, hands on knees. Dilute direct the hands to the sides, a little bit of rope to find a player, the head at the same time lean to is a player, return to the starting position, repeat 5 times.
- In the sitting position with the head rotated to the right, the palm of the left hand to live in the shoulder, the elbow parallel to the ground, the right hand rests on the knee, return to your original position. Perform 6 repetitions on each side.
- In the sitting position raise the hand above the head, good to raise the elbows a little bent, turn the head to one side before the mild pain, fix the position at the end in a few seconds. Repeat for 6 laps in each direction.
Among the exercises to make a pause of 30 seconds. Before you begin the gym you should take a hot shower, do some gentle tilting the head in different directions, to warm up the muscles. After charging is complete light stretching helps to avoid the emergence of unpleasant sensations the next day.
The pharmacological treatment
The medical therapy to the osteochondrosis led to the elimination of the bad feelings, the recovery of the mobility of the vertebrae, the deceleration of degenerative changes in the tissues. The acute attacks of pain removed the injections nsaids or corticosteroids, the chronic form of the disease are cured of ointments, pills.
That cure osteochondrosis:
- Nsaids, occur in the form of pills and products for exterior use, eliminates the inflammation, the pain;
- corticosteroids – cropped acute pain syndrome;
- the vitamins of group B, are reset to the metabolic processes in the tissues;
- chondroprotectors – contribute to the recovery of cartilage tissue;
- medications to improve the flow of blood, the nutrition of the brain;
- nootropic – improves the functioning of the brain, the memory;
- muscle relaxants – resolve the muscle spasm;
- for the local treatment use ointments and gels with anti-inflammatory effect, the warming action.
For the medical therapy to be effective, it must be combined with physical therapy, to follow the diet, otherwise, none of the drugs will not help you to get rid of osteochondrosis.
Popular treatment should be used as a complement to medical therapy and physical education to completely get rid of the disease of non-traditional methods do not help.
What to do in case of osteochondrosis cervical in the home:
- The Fresh leaf of the radish rinse with boiling water, cool a little, the inner part of attach to your neck, to secure natural and the thin fabric. The procedure to do before you go to sleep, compress leave it overnight.
- Grate raw potatoes, mix in equal proportions with warm, liquid honey. The mixture is used for compresses, the procedure for carrying out 1-2 times a week.
- Mix the raw egg with 100 ml of sunflower oil, 20 ml of vinegar and 20 g of flour, the mixture, remove in a dark place in 48 hours, remove the surface film. The tool spot is the plague of the plot before going to bed, store in the refrigerator.
- In may of collect pine kidney with a length of up to 2 cm, and cut into thin slices, put in the container of dark glass. In the 1 part of the raw material take 2 parts sugar, the drug store in a dark place for 2 weeks. Drinking of 5 ml of the mixture three times a day, and after you swallow, take 2 to 3 minutes of the mouth. The course duration is of 15 to 20 days, and repeat 2-3 times a year.
- Grind 150 g of purified garlic 400 g of blueberries, mix add in a crystal container, within 24 hours of adding 800 ml of honey, mix. Take 5 ml of medicine three times a day before meals.
Deal with the intense pain, you can remove the excess salts will help to col sheet, greased up honey, the pack set in the neck warm wrap of the scarf, leave it overnight.
Massage with osteochondrosis cervical
The massage helps to improve muscle tone, improve blood circulation in the tissues, in severe forms of osteochondrosis sessions performed by the specialist. When the milder forms of the disease, for the prevention help you to self-massage – the treatment is done at home.
- Warm muscles – with both hands intensively pass through the posterior part, the lateral surface of the neck from top to bottom. Warm-up time of 2 minutes.
- The edge of the palm of paste to the bottom of the neck, the sliding movements move to the area of hair growth, and then to the shoulder joints.
- The tips of the fingers of both hands to rub circular motions in the occipital area of the hairline to the top of the arms of the spine, with the ears back and forth.
- Chop the neck muscles from below upwards, and then in the opposite direction.
- The rubbing of the nape of the shoulder blades – be performed after each type of exercise.
The potential consequences and complications
In the cervical region of the vertebrae are located here close to each other, to the height of the intervertebral discs small, that's why the different complications of the degenerative disc disease occur even with small degenerative changes in the bone tissue.
That dangerous osteochondrosis cervical:
- frequent attacks of migraine;
- heart rhythm disturbances, atherosclerosis;
- bulging, herniated intervertebral bony expansion of the vertebrae;
- serious pathology is in the brain;
- the narrowing of the lumen of the vertebral artery, which leads to the development of the irr, hypertension, stroke, disability;
- spinal stroke.
Contraindications to the osteochondrosis of cervical
For a complete style of life to the osteochondrosis, you should avoid action, which can cause the appearance of pain, the aggravation of the disease.
That can't be done with osteochondrosis cervical:
- sleep in a very firm or soft mattress, in the top of the pillow;
- lifting weights, if you lift something heavy, do it with a straight back with bent peruvian knees;
- carry the bag on one shoulder;
- at the time of aggravation of the pathology is to do the active movements of the head, the neck;
- smoking, consuming alcohol;
- walking without the scarf when it is cold, sitting in the air stream, near an air conditioner;
- much time you find yourself in an uncomfortable posture, sitting position;
- the use of high-heeled shoes;
- crunch your neck.
Heat treatments – heating compresses, visits to the baths, is warming up the blue of the lamp, can be done only in the remission phase of the disease. To intensify the heat only for a short time will relieve the pain, but soon the unpleasant sensations will return, enhance their degree of exposure.
The prevention of the disease
To maintain the health of the spine, just parisian to follow the simple rules of prevention.
How to avoid the degenerative disc disease cervical:
- get rid of excess weight;
- every morning, doing gymnastics, swimming, yoga, dance;
- spend more time outdoors, especially useful in the morning hours of hiking;
- eat properly, control the consumption of salt, to comply with the regimen of a drink;
- when sedentary job, every hour of to do warm-up exercises for the neck, to monitor the posture;
- to keep the neck warm;
- sleep well, avoid the development of a physical, mental, and emotional fatigue.
Collar of the osteochondrosis – a chronic, slowly progressive disease, the signs of the disease manifest themselves immediately. Competent combination of the traditional and folk methods of treatment, the gym and the diet will help you to deal successfully with the symptoms and simple measures of prevention – to prevent the recurrence of the pathology is.